background

Friday, September 3, 2010

Just a Regular Day

Yesterday was a day I had been really looking forward to.....  because it was time to start the new Bible study!  And it was so great!  Do you know Beth Moore?  She is the queen of Biblical studies.  My little Thursday morning group is repeating a study we did about 3 years ago, and after watching the first DVD presentation yesterday, it is like I have never seen it before.  Good gosh, I am losing it.  No doubt, every other part of it will be equally as new to me.

Then I ended up running errands all day.  I don't know how I can fill up a day with basically doing nothing, but I am capable.  Washed my car, but before I did, I put some magic stuff on the grill and windshield to remove the bugs, then I filled it with gas, ran to the grocery store, did some laundry, steamed some of it, watered the plants, decided they needed some Miracle Gro, gave them that, went to the post office, went to the eye doctor, made some phone calls and plans for a wedding shower soon to be held at my house -- then I fixed supper and took a shower before settling in for my evening computer time.  I'm really not even tired.  It's just almost time for bed. 

Oh, and another thing I did was go on a golf ball hunt.  This is an almost nightly ritual that we have started.  We take the razor and go down in the pasture behind the house, looking for golf balls.  Don't ask me why.  We don't golf.  We just enjoy the hunt for the stray golf balls.  Oh, the excitement of a small town!

Which reminds me.... a couple of days ago, there was a small airplane crash out at the airport.  The airplane was piled up, not damaged too badly, at the end of the runway.  Call me crazy, but I wanted to know more about it.  I have been watching the newspaper, and so far, there has been not one word about it.  Really?  Did I say it's a small town?  I mean really small.  This kind of stuff doesn't happen that people don't know what is going on.  Apparently, everyone knows but me.

Whew!  Now I am in my bed, counting the days to the time change, watching a bigtime Division II football game on tv, waiting for the 10:00 pm local news.  I simply had to share with you the details of my busy day.  Hope I didn't scare you away forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment